What to do if your account has been compromised:
- CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. Go immediately to: https://www.work.psu.edu/password
- If any other accounts you have use the same password as your Penn State access account, change them. It is NEVER a good practice to use the same password for multiple accounts and you should NEVER re-use an old password.
- VERIFY YOUR EMAIL FORWARDING ADDRESS IS CORRECT. Visit https://www.work.psu.edu/cgi-bin/util/forward.cgi to verify your settings.
How to avoid being compromised:
- DON’T reply to a phishing scam. To learn more about phishing, visit phishing.psu.edu.
- NEVER give out your personal information via email. Penn State will never ask you for your personal information directly in an email.
- DON’T share your account information with anyone, even a friend or family member. For more information on password use and sharing, please refer to University Policy AD96.
- DON’T enter your personal information on public networks.
- DON’T create passwords that can be easily guessed, such as your birthdate, mother’s maiden name, or a pet’s name.
- NEVER write your password down.