Tools.Protect your work at home, on campus, and on the go.
- Keep security software current and automate updates.
- Protect your devices against viruses and malware with antivirus/protective software.
- Enable strong authentication tools (e.g. 2FA) and make your password a sentence.
- Protect your valuable work, and back it up.
- Don’t leave your devices in an unsecured area, or unattended and logged on.
- When in doubt, throw it out: if an email looks suspicious, don’t click on it, report it. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Protect sensitive data, and securely remove it when no longer needed.
- Think before you act, and be wary of communications that want you to act immediately, or ask for personal information.
- Set privacy and security settings on your web services and devices to your comfort of information sharing.
- Stay informed.