- Important Announcement - February 23, 2017
- Account Verification - February 6, 2017
- URGENT: your penn states account expires soon - February 6, 2017
- Important Message! You have a new document sent to you ‘PSU NEWS’ - February 4, 2017
- Some Google Ads May Lead to a Tech Support Scam - February 13, 2017
- Employment Scam Targeting College Students Remains Prevalent - January 18, 2017
The Office of Information Security (OIS) is charged with protecting Penn State’s computer and network resources, as well as leading data stewardship efforts at the University. These responsibilities are critical in supporting the University’s mission of teaching, research and service.
OIS has developed four major goals to align with Penn State’s strategic planning, with particular emphasis on “driving digital innovation.” They are:
- Protecting against cyber threats
- Developing excellent operational credibility and integrity
- Engaging stakeholders across the University to increase cyber security awareness and collaboration
- Envisioning and driving forward the future of IT Security at Penn State
Please visit our site regularly for highlights on the initiatives we pursue to further these goals. Here are some of the projects we are currently working on:
Sensitive Data Detection Improvements
OIS is now generating and sending reports to unit leaders in an effort to help them understand their risk profile as it pertains to PII scanning and remediation. Learn more here…
New Website to Help Fight Phishing
OIS created phishing.psu.edu to aid Penn Staters in identifying and reporting phishing scams. Check it out today!
OIS is taking a proactive approach to working with units to mitigate vulnerabilities. Find out more here..